One of the most dramatic villages in Provence, Gourdon is situated on top of a rock, overlooking the Vallee du Loup. The views of the valley, all the way to the Mediterranean, are outstanding - you can see Nice and Theole on a good day.
The Riviera seems like a million miles away in this natural paradise. The Gorge du Loup provides a spectacular back drop to the winding road that takes you up to Gourdon. If you are driving to Gourdon, you need to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up to the pedestrianised village.
Gourdon is fairly typical of the pretty 'perched villages' of Provence, with it's well preserved stone houses, gift shops, art galleries and local crafts on sale. Pottery, perfumes and glassware shops make for interesting gift and souvenir shopping. The little lanes and alleys are fun to wander through (it won't take you long!) and the kids will love the plentiful sweet shops.
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?