Just to the east of Nice lies the coastal town of Villefranche-sur-Mer; with its Medieval town centre, little cobblestone lanes and 16th century citadel there is plenty to discover by foot.
The old town is a fascinating rabbit warren of streets, alleyways and staircases - once you venture beyond the many shops you’ll find the 18th century church of Saint Michel and the much smaller Chapelle Sainte Elisabeth where there are often art exhibitions. Look out for the well-named Rue Obscure, an old medieval street with vaulted stone ceilings that feels like the dungeons of an old castle!
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?