The main beach at Villefranche is one of the best located for easy access and convenient facilities. Situated right next to the charming old port area and just a few minutes walk from the old town, there are both bus and train stops nearby.
This does make the beach quite a popular one for families and so it can get quite busy during the peak summer months, our advice is to head further away from the port end towards the small beach at the east end of Plage des Mariniers. Here you will find a small sandy bat between two stone pontoons that is popular with families and older people. There is a shower here and the facilities of Plage des Mariniers are only a short walk away; you can find toilets, snacks and drinks very easily. The small bay is hemmed in by rocks on either side, making it easy to keep an eye on children and ensure they don’t swim too far away.
- Paid Parking
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?