The main beach at Villefranche is one of the best located for easy access and convenient facilities. Situated right next to the charming old port area and just a few minutes walk from the old town, there are both bus and train stops nearby.
This does make the beach quite a popular one for families and so it can get quite busy during the peak summer months, our advice is to head further away from the port end towards the small beach at the east end of Plage des Mariniers. Here you will find a small sandy bat between two stone pontoons that is popular with families and older people. There is a shower here and the facilities of Plage des Mariniers are only a short walk away; you can find toilets, snacks and drinks very easily. The small bay is hemmed in by rocks on either side, making it easy to keep an eye on children and ensure they don’t swim too far away.
- Paid Parking
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- What's On in Nice August 2019
- What's on in Nice July 2019
- Mirazur is the World's Best Restaurant 2019
- Coolest bathing spots in Nice summer 2019
- Fete de la Musique 2019 in Nice