The Nice Carnival almost rivals Rio with its extravagant and colourful parades down the Promenade des Anglais.
With over 1,100 dancers and musicians from all over the world, the carnival brings the streets of Nice alive under clear blue skies. The opening and closing festivities are free for everyone, and then each subsequent parade requires a ticket for the grandstands or the promenade. The Carnival starts at the beginning of Lent and lasts for 15 days.
See their website for a full programme for the event. It is advisable to book tickets in advance for the parades.
For more information and how to book then see our Nice Carnival bookings article.
More Nice Insights...
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Nice!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeNice.com
- Nice in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Nice
- What's on in Nice September 2019