The Nice Carnival almost rivals Rio with its extravagant and colourful parades down the Promenade des Anglais.
With over 1,100 dancers and musicians from all over the world, the carnival brings the streets of Nice alive under clear blue skies. The opening and closing festivities are free for everyone, and then each subsequent parade requires a ticket for the grandstands or the promenade. The Carnival starts at the beginning of Lent and lasts for 15 days.
See their website for a full programme for the event. It is advisable to book tickets in advance for the parades.
For more information and how to book then see our Nice Carnival bookings article.
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?