The Nice Carnival almost rivals Rio with its extravagant and colourful parades down the Promenade des Anglais.
With over 1,100 dancers and musicians from all over the world, the carnival brings the streets of Nice alive under clear blue skies. The opening and closing festivities are free for everyone, and then each subsequent parade requires a ticket for the grandstands or the promenade. The Carnival starts at the beginning of Lent and lasts for 15 days.
See their website for a full programme for the event. It is advisable to book tickets in advance for the parades.
For more information and how to book then see our Nice Carnival bookings article.
Dates for this event
More Nice Insights...
- What's on in Nice September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- What's On in Nice August 2019
- What's on in Nice July 2019
- Mirazur is the World's Best Restaurant 2019