High up above the hot crowds of Nice is a tranquil oasis with shady trees, panoramic views and, if you’re lucky, a cool breeze. Off the typical tourist trail, Cimiez lies about 2km north east of the centre of Nice.
Cimiez, an historic neighbourhood up on the hill behind Nice, is renowned for splendid Belle Epoque architecture, its Roman ruins and its famous residents, Henri Matisse and Queen Victoria. You can reach Cimiez by taking the local bus number 15 from Nice, or take the lovely stroll uphill from the train station- it is not a strenuous walk and should take you about 20 mins, taking you past some wonderful buildings and gardens.
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?