High up above the hot crowds of Nice is a tranquil oasis with shady trees, panoramic views and, if you’re lucky, a cool breeze. Off the typical tourist trail, Cimiez lies about 2km north east of the centre of Nice.
Cimiez, an historic neighbourhood up on the hill behind Nice, is renowned for splendid Belle Epoque architecture, its Roman ruins and its famous residents, Henri Matisse and Queen Victoria. You can reach Cimiez by taking the local bus number 15 from Nice, or take the lovely stroll uphill from the train station- it is not a strenuous walk and should take you about 20 mins, taking you past some wonderful buildings and gardens.
More Nice Insights...
- Nice in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Nice
- What's on in Nice September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- What's On in Nice August 2019