Nice has many faces. A city of natural beauty and with a Mediterranean climate, it is a popular tourist destination and a gateway to the French Riviera.
As tourism arrived on the Riviera in the 19th century, the town enjoyed rapid change and became a popular Mediterranean destination known for its long seafront, the Promenade des Anglais, beautiful old town, and ornate Belle Epoque architecture.
To help you discover Nice’s many personalities and evolutions, we’ve put together a list of sights and experiences to give visitors a real sense of this French city. Here are the essential sights of Nice.
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?