Handily located on the Promenade des Anglais, Villa Masséna is a wonderful example of Belle Epoque architecture.
Built at the turn of the 20th century by Danish architect Hans-George Tersling, it has a Neoclassical style with Italianate influences. Prince Victor of Essling, grandson of the local marshal André Masséna, lived here during winter.
It was gifted to the city in 1921 and has recently been renovated. It now displays interiors faithful to a reinterpretation of the Belle Epoque era and has beautifully landscaped gardens which have also been restored.
- 65 rue de France
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?