The beaches of the Bay of Nice have drawn crowds of sun worshippers for decades, ever since the 19th century, and with good reason.
With some 35 beaches stretching along the coastline and in front of the Baie des Anges, the city of Nice is a popular beach city destination. The Promenade des Anglais beach is the most famous, with around 7 km of fine pebbles with public and private sections leased to beach clubs.
As you watch paddleboarders floating past, super yachts bobbing on the horizon and tenders bringing VIP guests ashore, you can rest assured that those waters are in fact crystal clear and perfect for swimming and cooling off on a hot summer day. Many even have the Blue Flag label, which designates the best beaches in the world.
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?