Only three out of the top ten museums were outside of Paris, not really a surprise when you consider the wealth of history, art and architecture that make Paris one of the greatest cities in Europe.
The Marc Chagall Museum in Nice is amongst those few that lie out with Paris. Coming in at number nine in the top ten French museums. Out of the 1,680 reviews on Tripadvisor, 1,080 of them have rated the museum as 'excellent'.
The full list is as follow:
- Musee d'Orsay, Paris
- Musee du Louvre, Paris
- Musee Rodin, Paris
- Musee de l'Orangerie, Paris
- Bayeux Tapestry Museum, Bayeux
- Musee Jacquemart-Andre, Paris
- Musee de l'Hotel-Dieu, Beaune
- Musee Marmottan, Paris
- Musee National Marc Chagall, Nice
- Army Museum, Paris