Savour what Nice has to offer in unique flavours with a variety of local specialities.
On the Pure Nice Food Tour, you get to taste your way through local specialities. You will not only get a feel for the flavour of Niçois cuisine, but also the unique history, culture and heritage of Nice as you wander through the city.
Their tour shows you the best side of true, pure Niçois cuisine. They take you to places few tourists would see and the food you will taste are local dishes you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else in France or the world.
They also talk about the locals' special relationship to wine at a local wine shop.
Whether you are a real foodie or not, our food walking tour will give you an out of the ordinary culinary experience!
During the tour you will sample:
- Swiss chard in a way you'd never imagine it
- Sickly sweet candied fruit
- The humble side of Riviera wine
- Socca, the only true Niçois fast food
- Les Petits Farcies—literally "the little stuffed ones"
- Pissaladière—there is no such thing as too much onion!
- The health benefits of Mediterranean cuisine
- Plus various surprises...
More information about the Pure Nice Food Tour
- Reservation is mandatory - make sure you book in advance by sending an enquiry using the link on this page.
- The tour starts at 10:00 and lasts for about four hours.
- Tour price: €65
- Do not plan for lunch after the tour!
- The precise tastings may change without prior notice.
- Please let them know of any dietary requirements prior to the tour and they will do their best to accommodate them.
- Out of season (November to March inclusive) tours don't run every day
For further information, group booking or to book this tour please enquire directly or visit their website using the links on this page.
The company are able to cater for most dietary requirements. There is no fish or seafood, very little meat, and almost no dairy on their tour. Inform them in advance, and they can easily cater for vegetarians, lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance.
Where to meet
The meeting point is Opera Plage (Opera Beach). It's on the seafront walkway near the Old Town.
- "My girlfriend and i really enjoyed our half day tour with Gustav! We got a very nice trip in the old town of Nice, and at a local market. Great explanation of the history, wine, different local food and italian ice cream. If you are planning to do this tour, do it in one of your first day's. We got great tips for places to go. You can also ask Gustav anything, since he knows a lot about Nice and also it's buildings. Must do if you want a nice taste of Nice!" - Trip Advisor
- "How do you see and taste Nice like a local? Take this tour! Our guide, Kelly, spent the day taking us to her favourite restaurants and shops that let us sample local specialities. Being half French and half American , Kelly was able to converse with the local shop keepers, while guiding us through the local market, a wine shop, a candy store and a delicious lunch.We left feeling knowledgeable about the Nice history and food culture. We could never have had the kind of day if we had been our own. Kelly is passionate about her city and the farm to market philosophy. Through her eyes we saw that Nice was a really a village, not a big city. Treat yourself to an educational, tasty and fun day!" - Trip Advisor
- "We had the most amazing day with Kelly as our guide for this food tour. We were a group of 8 people and we all felt this was one of the highlights of our time in Nice. As everyone says, it is a fantastic way to learn about Nice, its customs, people, neighbourhoods and food. Kelly had so much to share with us and did so in such a fun and engaging way. What a perfect way to be introduced to Nice! This tour was also very good value for the cost. We've been on other food tours where we tasted such minimal samples. Not the case here--we ended the tour feasting on local specialities at a little outdoor restaurant and if that wasn't enough- we then were treated to the best gelato ever!!! Highly recommend!" - Trip Advisor
- "We, my husband, myself and our two travels mates, had a great time on this food tour with our guide Kelly. I can't say enough about Kelly. She is personable and funny and extremely knowledgeable about the food of Nice as well as some of the history. She spent more than the allotted time with us and showed us where the locals dined and shopped. We sampled some great foods including an onion pie, goat cheese, gelato, veggies, chocolate, a delicious lunch and of course wine. We went to a local food market, were serenaded by a French Monsieur, and learned about wine and olives. The four of us spent three weeks travelling around France, including a river cruise, and we all agreed that the "Taste of Nice Food Tour" was our favourite day. Kelly was also great at giving us directions for taking the train back to Monte Carlo. She is absolutely charming. Take the tour so you also can experience this highlight of France." - Trip Advisor
These food tours are very sociable where you'll spend a lot of time sitting around, discussing and enjoying the food (and the wine!). As such, they may not be that enjoyable for the younger children (under 12).
Level: Family Friendly
Typical Duration: 4 hours
Activities: Food-tasting | Tours / Excursions
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter