The fishermen of Nice celebrate the sea every year with a grand procession from the Jesuit church of Saint-Jacques-le-Majeur down to the beach at Les Ponchettes.
The Fete de la Saint Pierre is a great traditional Port Festival. From 19:30, the evening builds up to the highlight of the event, the burning of a boat in the harbour to honour Saint Peter.
You can try your hand at various water activities for free during the day. It all ends with a live concert.
- Port de Nice
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?