Three hour introduction cycle tour to the best spots in Nice on roads that are mostly flat and smooth. Do this tour at the beginning of your holiday and be a step a head of the other tourist for the rest of your stay.
The pace of the tour is very relaxed and is accessible to anyone that can ride a bike.
You'll get a different experience of the city from the one that the pedestrians or tour buses get. There is one hill climb up to the Chateau Hill, where you'll experience breathtaking panoramic views of Nice. The pace of the tour is very relaxed.
The Nice Cycle Tour (3 hrs) takes you:
- From the stunning beaches and eye-catching parks to the grand streets and majestic plazas
- From the super-cool bars and bistros to the winding medieval alleyways
- From hidden Baroque churches to awe-inspiring Belle Époque palaces
- From the hang-outs of modern film stars to the haunts of prehistoric man
Some of the highlights are:
- The famous Promenade des Anglais
- Hotel Negresco
- Place Massena
- The Old town and market
- Place Garibaldi
- The Colline (Nice’s old Chateau)
- The Port (with its traditional fishing boats and luxury yachts)
- Plus hidden churches, walks, gardens, fountains, giant sculptures, tips for the best bars and restaurants, and plenty of photo stops.
Schedules and pricing:
- To avoid disappointment please book ahead!
- Out of season (November to March inclusive) their tour don't run every day - make sure you check availability in advance.
- Morning tour is at 10:00
- Team building events, private and custom tours for hen and stag weekends available on request.
- Custom start-times for cruise ship customers are also available on request.
- The price is 30€ per person fully inclusive of:
- Bike, helmet, drinks bottle etc
- A chilled drink
Please note for their Ebike tours, you'll need to be over 145cm or 4ft 9inch in order for a bike to fit you correctly. These tours are also not suitable for children under the age of 12.
For further information or to book a tour please enquire directly or visit their website using the links on this page.
- "We had a fantastic time with Thelma. She has lived in Nice for over 13 years and was very knowledgable and friendly. She was also very flexible and sought our input as to what we would like to see and hear about. The electric bikes were a real bonus on the big hills! Highly recommended!!" - Trip Advisor
- "The Nice Cycle tour was the highlight of my trip, we toured 3 to 4 countryside towns in about 5 hours. Our tour guide was amazing, so knowledgeable and personable. There is no better way to see NICE then on two wheels with the wind blowing in your hair. It rained the entire time but we made the best of it, stopping at gorgeous cafes along the way to dry off. Halfway through the trip we stopped at an amazing water front restaurant for lunch, everything was so delicious. The NICE cycle tours is a must do when in NICE." - Trip Advisor
- "My wife, 2 year old daughter and I had a great time. The weather was not great the day we booked and Thelma was kind enough to reschedule us to a Sunday which is not even a day she typically gives tours. So starting off we were impressed with her flexibility. I was given an e-bike which helped quite a bit since I had my 2 year old on my bike. Heads up the climb for Castle Hill is pretty steep so if you think you may have issues, I would recommend asking for an e bike. We were impressed with the city. Thelma was so very nice and was so great with our daughter. Guiding 5 people around the city is enough to deal with but entertaining a 2 year old while doing it is even more impressive. Definitely recommend taking this tour." - Trip Advisor
- "It was a sunny Sunday, and the company boss Gustave, took our trip. The bikes were completely fab and so easy to cycle for everyone. The small electrical motor assistance makes it so easy even on the steepest hill. Gustave looked after everyone and had lots of funny and outrageous stories to tell about the rich and famous. I so highly recommend this to everyone." - Trip Advisor
Their EBike tours are only suitable for children over the age of 12.
All other tours are suitable for all ages and the itinerary has been designed specifically to avoid traffic and other dangers to a maximum. The company provide baby seats for children up to 22 kg. For older children that are not yet autonomous on a bike, they have "tow bikes as well as ordinary children's' bikes in several sizes. When booking, ensure you state you are a family and the number of baby seats, tow bikes and children's bikes you require.
What to bring
Bring a small backpack or satchel with your sun-cream, sunglasses, hat and of course your camera.
The company provide water bottles and stop frequently to refill.
Location: Vieux Nice
Level: Beginner | Intermediate | Family Friendly
Typical Duration: 3 hours
Activities: Cycling | Tours / Excursions
Guides & Instructors: Cycling Guides
Access: Children welcome
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter