Classified as a historic monument this 15th-century catholic church is located in the heart of the village of Biot.
The first parish church was built near the castle in the first half of the 12th-century. During the second half of the 14th-century the village was depopulated and the church destroyed in 1367. Repopulate by Genoese families in 1470, a new village church was then rebuilt, perhaps by partially reusing elements of the original one.
The side door was finished in 1506, with the main door not being completed until 1536. Side chapels were added in the second third of the 17th-century.
It is a remarkable building with many carved or painted details. It contains exceptional works of sacred art including altarpieces, such as that of the Virgin in the Rosary (16th century), attributed to Louis Brea.
The exceptional acoustics of the building make it possible to enhance concerts such as the Festival des Hours Musicales, an institution in Biot for almost 30 years and attract internationally renowned musicians.
- Place de l'Eglise