More than 11,000 runners set off from the iconic Promenade des Anglais in Nice on Sunday under a cloudy sky. The first to cross the finish line in Cannes was the Ethiopian athlete Abrah Milaw who broke the race's record with a time of two hours, seven minutes and 25 seconds.
Milaw arrived just before the Kenyans Nickson Kurgat (2:10:41) and Bernard Too (2:11:55). The previous Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes record was established by Lukas Kanda in 2011 at two hours, eight minutes and 40 seconds so Milaw broke it by 45 seconds.
Nurit Shimels, also from Ethiopia, was the female winner at two hours, 31 minutes and 54 seconds. Congratulations to all the runners!
More Nice Insights...
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Nice!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeNice.com
- Nice in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do