In March each year, the top cyclists on the Tour, race from Paris (or just nearby) to Nice, over eight stages, covering 1,300 kilometres.
The 'race to the sun', as it is named, began in 1933 and always finishes on the lovely Promenade des Anglais in Nice.
Apart from being one of the official UCI races and playing host to some of the big names in cycling, this event is also great for spectators, with lots to see and do over the course of the day before the peloton even reach their destination and battle it out for the stage win and overall victory.
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- What's On in Nice August 2019
- What's on in Nice July 2019
- Mirazur is the World's Best Restaurant 2019
- Coolest bathing spots in Nice summer 2019
- Fete de la Musique 2019 in Nice