Nice has a busy fish market every morning except Monday in Place Saint-François, in the old town, open every morning except Mondays.
It starts at 06:00 and runs all morning. There is an exceptional choice and prices are competitive. You might need to battle with the seagulls for the fish though as they are very persistent!
Despite being on the sea, the geology of the coastline actually means that there are very few fish in the sea in front of Nice. They are, however, caught from neighbouring coastlines and brought fresh to the markets of Nice so you can be assured they are fresh and local in that respect.
More Nice Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Nice this summer
- Travellers welcome to Nice from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Nice in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- Which Nice restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?